Wednesday 11 July 2012

Phobias

I pride myself on being a farmer's daughter. Life and death does not frighten me like it frightens other people who have not grown up with the reality of caring för animals. I also know and fully respect that most animals (not wasps) are very important for our Eco- system. But there is one animal(?) that scares the living s**t out of me. I get all nauseous, my heart pounds like it is trying to break out of my ribcage. And like a lot of people my fear is masked by anger. I get angry for screaming and when people laugh at my reaction. I also know that my fear is completely irrational. The animal itself is harmless albeit totally disgusting. I try to keep a lid on the fear and I manage most of the time but not today! A hugemungously large and long earth worm (yes, a worm) crawled over my foot - you wouldnt believe how fast it must have been - and I totally lost it. And then I totally lost it again when my parents laughed at me. Totally irrational but I can't help it. I would love to not be affected by those yucky things but there you have it. I. AM. AFRAID. OF. WORMS.

No comments: