Monday 25 June 2012

Please, STOP asking

This will be rant type of post so if you don't want to read that sort of stuff, then please stop here.

I know that Toddler N has turned 2.
I know that it would be great time to get pregnant.
I know that we are more than able to care and love for another child.
I know that Toddler N would benefit from it.
I know that Toddler N would be a great big brother.
I know that I am not getting any younger.
I know we "should get going"
I know it would be a shame if we didn't try
I know all that and lots more.

But please stop asking when we're having another child or assuming I am pregnant because I choose not to have a glass of wine or be the designated driver.

Perhaps we have decided that we are happy with "just" Toddler N and with him being on his own can afford to send him to a really good school as the state schools here in England varies so much depending on area. Perhaps I am weary about how I'd cope with another baby and Toddler N when our families live so far away. Perhaps I am scared shitless about another Caesarean even though I have nothing but good memories from the first one. Perhaps I am a little bit more clued up on what could go wrong and what we would miss out on if something happened to the baby (or me). Perhaps I know I would be unable to cope mentally if anything went wrong.


Perhaps we are trying and have been trying for a while but nothing is happening?
Would it be so wrong if we decided that we are extremely lucky with what we have and "settle" with that? Or would it be so terrible if we didn't explore all the other options and other invasive procedures such as ivf etc etc because we are already happy?

We would be extremely happy and gratful if we had another child. BUT we are also extremely happy and grateful for the one we already have.

So please stop asking because it makes me feel like you think I/we shouldn't be happy or content with what we have. We are.

1 comment:

Mrs E (ibland Grefvinnan) said...

Håller helt med dig, folk ska hålla barnfrågor för sig själva. Ingen vet vad som pågår bakom andras dörrar och har inte med det att göra om inte personerna själva vill dela med sig.

Heja Ems!