Tuesday 24 January 2012

Webmaster

This is going to be one of those - oh my, I can't get my head around this -type of blog. So you can either stop reading now or bear with me, I hope you can get the hang of it all.

Let me tell you about T & D. They'd been going out for 10 years when he decided he (T) wanted out (autumn 2010), which is fair enough I guess but he's been pretty nasty to her (D) during those 10 years. These are things I kind of picked up on when I saw them which wasn't very often so i thought they we re one offs as I didn't "know them", know them.

Anyhow, they broke up, he insisted on still being a major part of her life while he was moving on with several girls - at the same time - making her upset as he wanted to have an outlet when these girls were "unfair". I like her a lot so when it came to inviting people to the wedding we sent out one to each of them and they were absolutely fine with that.

Not much happened here that affected us but it was the same thing - he wouldn't let her move on while he was...

Our wedding. She was supposed to come on the Thursday so we booked room for her but she changed plans as he broke his arm while running away from a taxi bill. Yes, this is a man who makes an absolute fortune putting people to sleep before having surgery. Yes. Yes. So I wasn't feeling very sorry for him. Plus, I had an absolute shedload of stuff to deal with before the wedding. He also changed his plans several times so we honestly didn't know when or even IF he was coming so we had to book a room for a few more nights just to cover the eventuality of him coming and didn't want to sort things out on the wedding day.

Well, the wedding went without a hitch, or so we thought, and it wasn't until 4 weeks later when another guest called to ask if I was upset with D because I hadn't been in touch since the wedding. Husband and I were totally flabbergasted but then the guy who called (C) explained that he and D had gotten it together at the wedding and T was absolutely p-ed off, saying she was rubbing his face in her moving on. yada yada yada and grumbling about how Husband and I had set C and D up by seating them together....

AAAAARRRRGFGHHHHHH! it was not out intention at all but was I angry about it? Hell no. Nice people deserve to meet nice people.

Further on - C & D got a bit more serious which p-ed off T even more saying he'd "bash C's Face in" if he ever saw him about town. and we felt it was way over the top and that he needed to grow up and we were not at fault here as it's pretty darn hard to force people to like each other. But because she felt such pressure from T that what she had done was wrong she ended things with C. Sad, but that's another thing you can't force people to do or not to do.

Anyway, the guy (T) refused to pay his bill for the accommodation. The room wasn't anything special but we paid more for the rooms than we asked the guests to pay, to keep their costs down, AND we sorted out breakfast and a meal for the Friday evening. whatever.

It's not nice asking for money and we could definitely live without it but other people, who are not making an absolute fortune, and if he weren't to pay then no one should have to pay. Plus, he's the tightest  arse in the whole wide world, known for hounding people who owe him a pound and he never bought anything for the house such as cleaning stuff, tissue etc when he shared a house with Husband and others.

So, I kept texting, sending messages on FB and 2 weeks ago I'd had enough. I wrote a public post on FB saying that he had not paid and I was fed up of asking for money. Crude, mean - call me a bitch but I had enough. So he got in touch with Husband asking stating he had now paid the money and a little bit extra to smooth things over. The extra wasn't necessary so we gave it to charity.

The thing is that D is now no longer talking to me... So I guess I am the bitch when it all comes down to it. Am I sad about it? yes, definitely. I like her but if she is so hung up on T and what he tells her to do, then that's ok. I'll be here when/if she ever want to have a chat.

Oh the tangled webs we weave.


(did you get to the end without having a massive ?-mark stamped on your forehead?)

1 comment:

Mrs E (ibland Grefvinnan) said...

OMG, drama drama drama. Some people are just weird... But we still like you!