Saturday 23 June 2007

Midsummer's Eve

So, another year and another Midsummer's Eve. It's one of my favourite holidays and I think it's because it's mostly dedicated to meeting up with people you haven't seen for ages.

For example, there's this guy I sort of know and he's really funny ad we get along great. The only time we see each other, however, is on Midsummer's Eve. This time he'd brought his girlfriend and she turned out to be just as great as him. So you meet up with people you haven's seen for a while and you get to meet new people through them. I like it and it's fun to dabce around the "midsommar stång". We did the little frog and pig dance, "Grandma's little crow" and the rocket - but we weren't very good at remembering the lyrics. It may have had something to do with the quantity of alcohol that had been consumed beforehand. I had 2 beers and a good part of a champagne bottle, I was tipsy in a nice and relaxed way.

Everyone thought it was really funny that I've lived a life as a "housewife" for the past 2 months. They say it wasn't what they'd expected me to do and I had to endure plenty jokes about it but I can't say I was offended as I too find it amusing.

Brother came to pick me up and I fell asleep on the way home - I'm getting a bit old for hoppin' around like a frog and stay up so late... I have a year to recover from this midsummer's eve and prepare for next years. That should be fun!

No comments: