Thursday 29 December 2011

Christmas

So, another christmas with a lot of food - although had lost 1.4 kg when I weighed myself last night at SW - but it doesn't quite feel the same as a "proper" christmas as the food is different. I don't eat pickled herring or Jansson's Delight and some of the other swedish christmas food but without them it just doesn't have that christmassy smell and feeling.

But, as always, Husband, Toddler N and I made our own christmas and it was loooovely. Nice and quiet, just the way I like it and just lots and lots of cuddles with our Little Man. And he was so happy when he saw his speedster!

Toddler N had his 1/2 nursery day on the 23rd so Husband and I went out and had some food, just the 2 of us, in the afternoon. We went to this new Thai restaurant. We opted for something non-christmassy as we didn't want to get tired of christmas food before christmas. And oh my goodness!! it was delicious. Nice and spicy and soooo cheap, despite it being an upmarket one. The little starters..... it was almost to make me want to lick the plate. This is something than never happens so it must have been awesome food.

The day before yesterday we went to the Butterfly House, just outside of Sheffield, and Toddler N loved it. He especially loved the "outside" bit of the place where all the parrots, meerkats, goats, ponies, ducks, rabbits, birds of prey etc. They didn't have as many butterflies inside as they normally do but I guess it's fair since it is winter and it was their first open day after christmas so I guess they hadn't hatched any new ones. it was so much fun seeing Toddler N running around. He loved feeding the rabbit and it was a MASSIVE rabbit - it was bigger than a lot of dogs, probably the size of a beagle if it lied down. Funny and quick little thing!

I haven't got any plans for New Year's Eve, I have never been a fan of that particular night and I quite like sitting in doing nothing. I have had my fair share of parties on NYE and it's been fun but "been there, done that" kind of thing. Husband might go and have some drinks with friends and I don't mind if he does go. If he has the energy to do it - fair games!

I hope you all had a lovely time over the holidays and all the best for the New Year.

xxx

No comments: