Monday 13 December 2010

For where thou art, there is the world itself

The Little Man has moved into his own room and guess who cried when she saw The Love of Her Life sit in his cot when we'd moved it? Yup, that's right. Me! He looked more like a "boy" than a "baby" and it hit me that he's growing up so fast. Soon he'll be off to Uni.

He doesn't have any problem going to sleep in his nursery. It's a lot cosier than our room and warmer. He does seem to get a bit upset if he wakes up in the middle of the night but it's probably because it looks different to what he's used to. And he doesn't hear us as easily.

This morning he woke up at 5-ish so Boyfriend put him in our bed where Baby N quickly fell asleep with his forehead pressed agains mine and a fist full of my hair - you learn how to snooze and to be very still - and this is how we were until 7.30! And after a nice big bottle of formula he was happy stay and cuddle until 8am when we felt the lie-in had gotten a bit too indulgent!

I know I moan about sleepless nights and it it very tiring to have a baby but it's the best thing that's ever happened to me and there are no words to try and explain the love for this tiiiny human being who, despite his size, has characteristics and opinions just like a full grown person. Baby N is my World and my Love.

No comments: