Tuesday 27 October 2009

Crash and Burn Girl

I've spent the last 2,5 days in bed with migraine and horrible "body cold" i.e. not sniffly or sneezing as you would with a head cold but shivery, aches in muscles and joints and a little bit of a temperature spike. It hasn't been nice at all but all that's left now is a bit of dizziness so I guess I'd better go back to work or the Dragon Lady (not Thatcher - who'd be a big softie compared to the "lady" who's my boss) might rip my intestines out for not being tethered to my desk the way she likes us to be - we're nothing but slaves...

Well, other than that everything is just fine and dandy. Am not at all stressed for having been unable to use the last 3 evenings to pack and clean. Nope, not at all. Am cool as a cucumber. My pulse is about 16/minute... Ooops, sorry it should have been 216/minute to be a wee bit more accurate. And that's my resting pulse.

Crash and burn - that's what will happen and I really should try and calm down and not let anything raise my pulse. It's simply not good for me or b**y but I am really trying but what's worse is that I get a little bit more stressed when de-stressing doesn't work. It's Sod's Law. Boyfriend is good though and picks me up when I mess up/forget something or shut down.

I'm thinking yoga or an elephant-sized sedative might be the way forward.

;)

3 comments:

Mrs E (ibland Grefvinnan) said...

Have I missed somenthing here? Does b**y stand for body, bitchy or baby?

Ems said...

Well Miss E-

Here's one for you:
Is it...
a) body
b) bitchy
c) baby
d) none of the above
e) two of the above
f) all of the above?

Mrs E (ibland Grefvinnan) said...

Oh come on!!! I hate guessing games :(