Thursday 3 September 2009

These Boos Are Made For Walking...

I just watched "Kinky Boots"on DVD, a film I've wanted to see for a very long time. It was really nice and sweet. It's quite an obvious film, if you want massive surprises and twists then this is not the film for you. It's about a struggling shoe factory and their only chance of survival is to change niche - from men's shoes to men's shoes but with a transvestite/drag queen tint to it.

I laughed out loud and realised that I'd love to be able to make my own shoes. Or just shoes, for that matter... Cool huh? It'll have to be in another life. Too busy [lazy] in this one. But it would have been fun.

Oh, I've realised one more itsy bitsy good thing about the UK. No "Surstromming". Don't tell Boyfriend though, he's keeping a score on things I prefer here that to Sweden. I think we may be on 5 items now so good ol' motherland is still winning by about a trillion points...

1 comment:

Torbjörn said...

Well, the BIG news in Sweden at the moment, besides the pigflu is that surströmming is very good for you and there's a man who has made it in to a capsual or pill, it makes your tummy better and calmer.

I have my doubts though... I'll never put rotten food in my mouth ;)

But if he would come to Hede and Härjedalen, he would never think that England was better on any point after that ;)