Thursday 31 January 2008

British Weather and Grumpy

For those of you who have not experienced British weather in person and only heard about it from other people and shrugged it off as a "myth" - let me tell you;

1) you are so bloody fortunate!

2) I would never have believed that weather could be schizophrenic but living here for a bit more than a year* have proved me otherwise. God almighty -does it suck or what? Yesterday was lovely, chilly but lovely with a blue sky, some pretty clouds dotted here and there and also a privileged "visit" from the sun. When I woke up this morning, it was grey, miserable and raining. No surprise there. 30 minutes later there are corrugated iron flying everywhere, road signs are almost bent double and I can't tell which way the wind/rain blows as it seems to be coming from 8 different directions (I lost count after 8).

Thinking "No fuggin' way that I'm walking out in that for what I am paid!" I promptly put my bag down and waited it out. "waiting it out" was about 7 minutes and then I had enough visibility to walk the 6 minute walk to work. Mind you, I had trouble breathing due to the strong wind and my hair, and today was a good hair day, no longer looked very nice. I told myself that I'd had enough of this shitty country/weather and I want to go home where storms are storms and then it's over. When it rains in Sweden, it rains - not on-off-on-off - and then we have nice weather.

Or perhaps it's just me who conveniently forgets the "bad" stuff?

I don't care - All I know is that the British weather S.U.C.K.S, no wonder they all emigrate to countries with better weather as soon as they can afford it. Me, I'm stuck here thanks to Mr-I-Have-To-Live-Here. Sometimes I hate the concept "love" - it fucks you over BIG time.

Have to watch some more Vicar of Dibley to cheer me up. At least the Brits have good comedies, they should award French and Saunders with an MBE...


* on my previous week-/month long visits I, like so many before me, simply assumed that the freak weather was just - freak weather...

No comments: