Thursday 12 April 2007

Min tös, Maja.

I planted 2 rosebushes today, one by my pony Maja's grave and one by the stable. I hope they'll prosper. I thought it was appropriate with roses as Maja used to eat the buds from the rosebushes on the yard. Dad helped me dig the holes and told me how to do the rest. It's not rocket-science but I haven't done it before. I know there are worms so I'm actually thankful he did the digging and I could just push the soil back afterwards so it didn't cause me any major traumas.

It's a bit difficult thinking of my pretty girl not being here this spring. I've spent the last 20 springs trying to get rid of her wintercoat and spending hours grooming and still not getting anywhere. It could be quite frustrating but I can't hink of anything I'd rather do. It's just not the same without her.

I miss her stubbornness and the way she always rubbed green drool, after having eaten a pear, on me as it tickled her muzzle and the way she stomped her feet if I was slow cleaning them and/or in the wrong order (left front, left back, right back and finally right front) and not having her treat handy straight afterwards. The noise she made when I opened her door or when she answered when called for, always made me warm and fuzzy inside. I wish I could see her, just one more time, smelling a Plopp (chocolate with creamy center) and go absolutely mental if she knew I had more and wouldn't stop nipping me until it was all gone. I'm quite possessive about my sweets but she was a nutter and I loved her for it.

Life isn't as good as it was when she was around and I guess it never will be but I had 20 years so I am very grateful. I just wish it'd been 20 more...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jag har lagt till dig i Länktåget. Se min blogg för mer info.

Anonymous said...

I feel fortunate to have had the luck of meeting your Maja. She was very cute, I think. My thoughts are with you and the roses and worms...