Wednesday 28 March 2007

I'm a right nice girlfriend

For those fortunate not to have been in the area where I work - for now - the Kids have a tendency to put the word "right" in front of e v e r y t h i n g!

"He's right naughty today, Miss" or "I've been right good today, Miss" or " I deserve a right nice merit/prize draw slip, Miss" or "You're right funny, Miss". Granted that the last comment hasn't happened too often with certain classes but with some.

And as with a lot of things: I am impressionable and partly because I find it "right" funny, I've taken up on using it as well. It does annoy the hell out of me but it can be quite cute when the little ones say it. Boyfriend laughed himself silly the first time I accidentally said it.

The phrase "right naughty" has come up once or twice since ;-)

Anyway, the reason I think I'm a good girlfriend is that I tonight came along and watched Boyfriend play football. I don't like football and I think they all should get a ball each instead of running after the one they've got, especially as some get really upset and it scares me as I fear one of them will die of anger.

I have come along several times before but stopped as the other guys says I'm bringing bad luck and make them loose. It's not my fault they suck, though, and that's what I said today. It didn't really increase my popularity but who can be bothered about what a bunch of hyped, footie nerds think?

Boyfriend is [not] a nerd though and sadly I missed his goal as I was busy reading the latest gossip/fashion in my fave magazine Grazia - I think I was engrossed in an article about shoes.

Boyfriend's gone to work and I don't think there's anything on telly so I might get into bed with one of my new books "Neverwhere". It seems to be a good one. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neverwhere is good, at least I thought so when I read it. I started it a couple of years ago and then I went to London (while still reading it) and one day as I was walking down Oxford Street I realized that I read about that alley on the other side of the street just last night. Coincidence? Perhaps not, but since I knew what happened when the guy in the book went into that alley I chose not to. Just imagine what could have happened if I had...